5 alternative pizza toppings
We know you all love Pizza, we have seen at our Social Programme events how quickly the free stuff goes!
So in honour of the doughy goodness, here are some alternative toppings to try...that you will love!
First things first: How to make the base
- 2 1/2 cups (350g) plain flour
- 2 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3/4-1 cup (170-225ml) water
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl, then add oil and 3/4 cup water - then stir until it forms a dough.
- If dough is stiff, add more water. It should be soft, but not sticky.
- Lightly dust the surface with flour and roll out the dough to your desired thickness and shape.
- Now it's time to add toppings...
Perfect to tempt yourself out of bed - The Fry Up Pizza
- Toppings: Eggs, Smoked Bacon, Mozzarella, Cherry Tomatoes, pre-cooked Pork Sausages (optional)
Bake at 200C for 15-25 minutes - or until dough looks golden
Pizza? Or burger? Or both? The Cheeseburger Pizza!
- Toppings/Fillings: Mozzarella, Passata Sauce, Mince Meat, Cheddar Cheese, Red Onion (thinly sliced)
Method: Top 2 thinly sliced bases with mozzarella then oven cook (200C) until cheese has melted (5-6mins). Spread sauce over the mozzarella. Sprinkle mince meat, grated cheddar and red onion over one base, then top with other base.
Oven cook for a further 20mins.
Bring a touch of Spain to your pizza - The Tapas Pizza
- Toppings: Passata Sauce, Chorizo (thinly sliced), Mozzarella, Roasted Red Peppers, Red Onion (thinly sliced)
Oven for 15-20 minutes until the base is golden and the cheese has melted.
An Indian and Italian fusion - The Chicken Tikka Pizza
- This one takes a little bit longer to make, but if you're feeling creative and have some time on your hands, here's how to make it.
How about a dessert pizza?
It'll be totally worth the sugar coma...trade floury dough for cookie dough for a super sweet base, then bake for 8-10 mins.
- Toppings: Nutella, mini-marshmallows, crushed digestives, chocolate chips.
Oven for further 5-8 mins - until chocolate and marshmallows have begun to melt.
- Read Next
- Tips and tricks for a great zoom class Festive celebrations around the world Top tips on spending the festive period in halls Staying in London for Christmas? Positive affirmations and self-empowerment with Bami | UAL Social Festive Creative Writing Session | UAL Social New Years Eve Activities | UAL Social Christmas Day Activities | UAL Social Festive Life Drawing | UAL Social Festive Soap Making Session | UALSocial
- Our handy halls checklist Find out about our Airport Collection Service Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls Order all your essential items for halls Let's talk about insurance... Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup