Weird chocolate treats to try: if you dare...
Back in our grandparents' day, the idea of combining peanut butter with a fruit spread was probably frankly quite revolting. But thanks to this annoyingly catchy Youtube video, we've been told it actually works.
It probably took some experimenting to find it though. So why not try out these weird chocolate combinations to see if you can find your own PB&J combo.
- Bacon smothered in melted chocolate. Foodies have been obsessed with mixing bacon and just about everything for quite a while, but have you ever tried this?
- Chocolate covered watermelon. Chocolate with fruit? Sounds reasonable. It works with banana, strawberries, even grapes (believe me). But water and chocolate?! You're likely to end up with some inedible mess, surely? Try freezing the watermelon first and see how it goes!
- Melted chocolate and pickles. Yet another random concoction that some people are genuinely obsessed with. If you're feeling adventurous why not take a sample of pickles and see which you prefer (if any).
- Garlic cloves coated in chocolate. Some say it's fantastic, others say you'll end up with a head like Hades...a bit hot? You won't know until you try!
- If you're into baking, try out these avocado chocolate truffles. A way to make your chocolate treats healthy, if you can actually bring yourself to eat them.
- Looking for a way to spice up your chocolate chip cookies? Add jalapeños! These aren't for the faint-hearted so if you don't fancy the kick, substitute with sweet-peppers (another odd combo).
- Chocolate layered crisps. This product was previously sold in America although it didn't last long. But the idea for this salty sweet snack must have come from somewhere, so why not give it a try?
If you're bored of your usual chocolate snack, fancy being a bit adventurous or want a way to entertain your friends, give these a try! Get together and see who's willing to try them, but make sure to watch for their reactions!
- Read Next
- Spending lockdown in halls Benefits of having a job at uni 5 Reasons I became a UAL Halls Rep Find a job with Arts Temps Welcome to Furzedown Student Village & Cedars Hall Welcome to The Costume Store Welcome to Portland House Welcome to Brooke Hall Welcome to Highline Building Welcome to Sketch House
- How to accept your Accommodation 'offer' Legs, Bums and Tums with Bam Bam | UAL Social Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE 8 ways to hack the halls applications Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup Vegan stir-fry noodles with tofu and vegetables Finding support that works for you