This month each UAL hall will have their very own special "Reverse Advent Calendar”.
This is a big, gift-wrapped box that you'll find down at reception or your common room.
Between Friday 7 and Thursday 20 December, we are looking for food donations to go in the box every day. These can be any unwanted food items from the list below.
Recommended items for donating:
- Pasta sauce
- Tinned meat
- Tinned vegetables
- Tea bags
- Instant Coffee
- Tinned fruit
- Tinned fish
- Long life juices
- Toiletries – deodorant, toilet paper, shower gel, shaving gel, shampoo, soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, hand wipes
- Household items – laundry liquid detergent, laundry powder, washing up liquid
- Feminine products – sanitary towels and tampons
- Baby supplies – nappies, baby wipes and baby food. (Please note, due to advice from UNICEF we cannot provide formula milk.)
- Small gift-sized toiletries – all ages and both genders
- Gloves (new with labels) – all ages and both genders
These boxes will then be delivered to your hall's local food bank on Thursday 20 December.
This is an incentive that we are doing in collaboration with The Trussel Trust.
If you'd like to find out more about the Reverse Advent Calendars, or The Trussel Trust, please speak to your Residence Manager or a member of your halls' team for more details.