Do you compulsively check your emails during the evening or carry on responding to texts and logging on to Facebook while you’re getting ready for bed?
This smartphone-stress, coupled with the cold, dark mornings doesn't bode well for your sleep pattern and energy levels, leading your stress level to increase.
So how can you guarantee a sound night's sleep?
- Have a tech-free hour - put your phone and computer down at least one hour before bed, giving you time to unload your work thoughts and clear your mind before your head hits the pillow.
- Unplug to recharge - Unplug the technology from around you and focus on recharging yourself instead of your phone!
- Tune in to tune out- Listening to music or watching a little TV before bed isn’t a bad thing, just be sure not to watch anything too mind boggling.
- Bath time – a bit obvious but it truly works! Hot baths relax your muscles, allowing you to let go of all the tension from the day.
- Take a mental vacation- Simply picture your favourite place or somewhere you would love to be, filling your head with peaceful settings can relax your mind and body.
Follow these simple tips to ensure you wake up feeling energised and ready to tackle the day ahead or else have a look at our other stress-busting techniques!
Remember you can always speak to your Wellbeing Peer if you are feeling down. Get in contact by emailing email@example.com (please reference your hall in the subject line).
Please be reassured that everything you discuss will be dealt with confidentially and sensitively.