Quite often if you’re a student no one really expects big gifts from you and understandably you’ll be on a bit of a budget. But this doesn’t need to stop you from giving something this Christmas! We’ve made a list of Christmas gift ideas to help you out.
- To start with a really good way to save yourself and your friends' money is by agreeing to a Secret Santa. Don’t know what a Secret Santa is? It’s basically when a group of 3 or more people, (the more the merrier), write their names on a piece of paper and put it into a hat, then each person draws a name from the hat and agrees to buy that person a present… the fun part is that it’s a secret, so no one knows who’s getting a present from who.
- How are your culinary skills? If you’re confident in the kitchen you can make some seasonal pastries for your friends? Check out this website for some delicious ideas.
- Into crocheting or want to start learning? You can get the materials really cheap and you can make great personalised presents. Perhaps a tea cosy? Check out these patterns.
- Check out the items in Tiger, there’s something for everyone in this weird and wonderful store. You’ll find plenty under £5!
- If you’re an artist then you should definitely save yourself the money buying Christmas cards. Get creative and make your own personalised Christmas cards for your friends. Check out these ones.
- Personalised gifts are sometimes the most memorable. Buy a set of plain white mugs and some ceramic marker pens and get creative. You can sort all your friends presents out in one go.
- Students appreciate something useful, why not buy a basil plant and pot it in that Christmas mug you got last year?
- Check out some old bookshops, if you’ve got a friend who loves to read they’ll definitely appreciate a good book. London has plenty of old and interesting bookshops check out some of these.
- Charity shopping! Hunt around those charity shops on your high street and you’ll be surprised at what you might find. You won't be disappointed with the bargains. Here’s a list of some of the best in London.
- So you’re probably coming to the end of your loan, don’t worry everyone else probably is. There’s still one last thing you can do… IOU. Perhaps you can treat your friends to a cooked dinner made by you? Or a day out around London? You don’t always have to buy something; sometimes just giving someone your time is enough of a present.