The cheapest supermarkets around Will Wyatt Court
1. Iceland, Hoxton street
The cheapest and closest shop as it’s only one street over from where we are, on Pitfield Street.
A great option in terms of value as they sell loads of frozen food that is cheaper and will keep for longer. Don’t let the name put you off, Iceland also stock a large number of unfrozen products and essentials.
2. Tesco Express, Hoxton
This Tesco is only a short walk away from halls. Here, you will be able to pick up all the basics that you will need.
3. Lidl, Well Street & Seven Sisters Road
Arguably the motherland of great value groceries, although sadly not close as it’s counterparts.
The closest is on Well Street in Hackney, a great walk for getting your bearings of the local area.
The second closest Lidl next to Sketch House, so you could go see your friends and stock up on cheap avocados on your way home.
4. Tesco Superstore, Morning Lane
Based in Hackney Central, this is the biggest supermarket I’ve found.
It also has the most direct travel links and is situated right near the vegan Fried Chicken Shop, Temple of Hackney.
5. Morrisons, Holloway Road
Morrisons is a Northern institution, and presently they’re few and far between in London. Lots of great options for all budgets as this is one of the larger supermarkets I’ve come across living in London.
**Perfect for any foundation students based in Archway, as it is situated right in your bus route if catching 271 from New North Road**
6. Co-op, Great Eastern Street
*Co-op do 10% for NUS student cardholders*
Not the cheapest option or the option with the most variety, but they offer 10% off so it’s getting a token mention.
Other mentions go to the Sainsbury's at the top of Pitfield Street and the Tesco Express on East road. Only because they’re close and open late on weekends and bank holidays. But be warned, they’re not the best value.
Tip: Download Citymapper to make it easier locating these bad boys.
- Read Next
- Spending lockdown in halls Benefits of having a job at uni 5 Reasons I became a UAL Halls Rep Find a job with Arts Temps Welcome to Furzedown Student Village & Cedars Hall Welcome to The Costume Store Welcome to Portland House Welcome to Brooke Hall Welcome to Highline Building Welcome to Sketch House
- How to accept your Accommodation 'offer' Legs, Bums and Tums with Bam Bam | UAL Social Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE 8 ways to hack the halls applications Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup Vegan stir-fry noodles with tofu and vegetables Finding support that works for you