- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100g (canned) drained butter beans
- 1 large onion - chopped
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 celery stick - chopped
- 1 carrot - chopped
- 2 medium potatoes cut 2cm dice
- 1 red pepper - chopped
- 500ml vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- Crusty bread or rice to serve
1. Drain the butter beans and set aside. Heat a saucepan, add the onions and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and paprika and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Then add the celery, carrots, potatoes and red pepper and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly to coat the vegetables in the flavoured oil.
3. Pour the stock and beans and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and partially cover the pan with a lid. Let it simmer for 40 minutes, stirring often until the vegetables are cooked.
4. Season to taste and serve with crusty bread.