Smokey Bean Hot Pot
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100g (canned) drained butter beans
- 1 large onion - chopped
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 celery stick - chopped
- 1 carrot - chopped
- 2 medium potatoes cut 2cm dice
- 1 red pepper - chopped
- 500ml vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- Crusty bread or rice to serve
1. Drain the butter beans and set aside. Heat a saucepan, add the onions and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and paprika and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Then add the celery, carrots, potatoes and red pepper and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly to coat the vegetables in the flavoured oil.
3. Pour the stock and beans and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and partially cover the pan with a lid. Let it simmer for 40 minutes, stirring often until the vegetables are cooked.
4. Season to taste and serve with crusty bread.
- Read Next
- Find a job with Arts Temps Welcome to Furzedown Student Village & Cedars Hall Welcome to The Costume Store Welcome to Portland House Welcome to Brooke Hall Welcome to Highline Building Welcome to Sketch House Welcome to Cordwainers Court Welcome to Glassyard Building Welcome to Emily Bowes Court
- How to accept your Accommodation 'offer' Legs, Bums and Tums with Bam Bam | UAL Social Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE 8 ways to hack the halls applications Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup Vegan stir-fry noodles with tofu and vegetables Finding support that works for you