- 680g passata with garlic & herbs
- 6 good quality sausages (or vegetarian equivalent)
- 1 tablespoon oregano - chopped
- 500g pack of pasta
- 400g pack of spinach
- 2 x 350g tubs of readymade cheese
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 100g parmesan grated
- 1 egg, beaten to glaze
1. Heat a large frying pan and brown the sausages using a wooden spoon to break up the meat. Pour off any fat from the pan, stir in the passata, bring to the boil and then add the oregano and season. Simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Cook the pasta for 2 minutes less than the pack says, reserve some cooking water, then drain cool under cold water and drain again. Meanwhile, pour a kettle of boiling water over the spinach in a colander to wilt and then squeeze out all the water. Mix the pasta with the cheese sauce and some of the reserved water, to loosen.
3. Season in a large dish, add the meat sauce, then the spinach, some nutmeg and seasoning. Next, add a third of the parmesan the cheesy pasta, more nutmeg and finally the rest of the cheese.
4. Bake in the oven 200c/180c, fan/gas 6 for 45 minutes until piping hot and golden brown.