500g whole milk
25g unsalted butter
5ml vanilla extract
2 egg yolks
40g cold whole milk
20g orange blossom water 70g plain our
125g caster sugar
Pinch of salt
5cm Canneles exiplan mould
1.Combine 500g of milk, unsalted butter and vanilla extract in a sauce pan and bring to a simmer.
2. Remove from the heat and allow to cool until teped.
3. Whisk the yolks with the 40g milk and then add to the above mixture, then add the orange blossom.
4. Mix the our, sugar and salt together then whisk into the milk mixture one third at a time, making
sure to scrape the side and bottom of the bowl. Pass the mixture through a medium sieve into an airtight container, place cling lm in direct contact with the mix and allow to rest overnight in the fridge.
5. Heat the oven to 230C.
6. Gently mix the mixture, be careful to not incorporate too much air.
7. Pour the mix into the mould to about 1cm from the top ( approximatively 80g per mould). Place the mould onto a at baking sheet and place in the oven for about 20 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 170C, rotate the tray and bake for a further 40-50 minutes. Leave the Canneles to rest in the mould for approximatly 10 min before demoulding. Leave to cool completely before serving.