- 750g pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large potato, sliced
- 1-litre water
- 2 or 3 cubes chicken stock, crumbled
- 250ml double cream
- 1 1/4 tablespoons ground nutmeg, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Prep: 5min
- Cook: 55min
- Extra time: 1hr
- Ready in: 2hrs
1.Preheat oven to 220 c / gas 7.
2.Place pumpkin, carrots and onions in a baking dish or roasting tin. Drizzle with vegetable oil.
3.Bake in preheated oven 40 minutes, until soft but not blackened.
4.In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring water and crumbled stock cubes to the boil. Cook potato in simmering water until soft, about 20 minutes.
5.Combine potato and water with roasted vegetables and puree in a liquidiser or food processor until smooth. Return to pan over low heat and stir in cream, nutmeg, pepper and salt. Heat gently;
- Read Next
- Spending lockdown in halls Benefits of having a job at uni 5 Reasons I became a UAL Halls Rep Find a job with Arts Temps Welcome to Furzedown Student Village & Cedars Hall Welcome to The Costume Store Welcome to Portland House Welcome to Brooke Hall Welcome to Highline Building Welcome to Sketch House
- How to accept your Accommodation 'offer' Legs, Bums and Tums with Bam Bam | UAL Social Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE 8 ways to hack the halls applications Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup Vegan stir-fry noodles with tofu and vegetables Finding support that works for you