- 750g pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large potato, sliced
- 1-litre water
- 2 or 3 cubes chicken stock, crumbled
- 250ml double cream
- 1 1/4 tablespoons ground nutmeg, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Prep: 5min
- Cook: 55min
- Extra time: 1hr
- Ready in: 2hrs
1.Preheat oven to 220 c / gas 7.
2.Place pumpkin, carrots and onions in a baking dish or roasting tin. Drizzle with vegetable oil.
3.Bake in preheated oven 40 minutes, until soft but not blackened.
4.In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring water and crumbled stock cubes to the boil. Cook potato in simmering water until soft, about 20 minutes.
5.Combine potato and water with roasted vegetables and puree in a liquidiser or food processor until smooth. Return to pan over low heat and stir in cream, nutmeg, pepper and salt. Heat gently;