Pumpkin and feta salad
- 400g can chickpeas
- ¼ butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 4 loosely packed cups baby spinach leaves, washed and drained
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 75g feta cheese
1.Heat your oven to 190C.
2.Drain the chickpeas well and blot completely dry with paper towel.
3.Toss the pumpkin in half the olive oil and season with half the salt. Place on a tray lined with baking paper.
4.Toss the chickpeas in the remaining olive oil and salt and place on a separate tray lined with baking paper.
5.Place the pumpkin and chickpeas in the oven and roast for about 30 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes until the pumpkin is soft and caramelised and the chickpeas are crisp.
6.Scatter the warm chickpeas with the cumin and paprika.
7.Toss the pumpkin and any oil and juices with the spinach and onion, allowing the oil to slightly wilt the spinach. Pour over the chickpeas and their oil as well (if any) and squeeze over some lemon juice.
8.Crumble over the feta cheese to serve.
- Read Next
- Spending lockdown in halls Benefits of having a job at uni 5 Reasons I became a UAL Halls Rep Find a job with Arts Temps Welcome to Furzedown Student Village & Cedars Hall Welcome to The Costume Store Welcome to Portland House Welcome to Brooke Hall Welcome to Highline Building Welcome to Sketch House
- How to accept your Accommodation 'offer' Legs, Bums and Tums with Bam Bam | UAL Social Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE 8 ways to hack the halls applications Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup Vegan stir-fry noodles with tofu and vegetables Finding support that works for you