If you’re leaving halls for the holidays please remember these following tips:
- Clear out all perishable food before you go away. You don't want 2017 to start off with messy cupboards!
- Turn off all lights, electronics and taps. You do not have to turn off your radiator, however, please turn it down to the lowest setting.
- Lock your bedroom door and close and lock all windows. Make sure all doors are closed.
- Report any maintenance problems before you go away so they don’t get worse over the break.
- Wash all your dishes before you go and make sure your kitchen is clean and tidy.
- Empty your bedroom and kitchen bins before you leave.
- Finally, don't forget to remember to bring your key/fob back when you return next year!
Are you staying in halls over the break?
The Social Programme are hosting an array of events over the festive period including a 'Winter Wonderland' Christmas Day dinner.
Don't forget if you're still in halls, your Student Welfare Mentor Team are here for you too:
If you’re staying in halls this Christmas and need someone to speak to, please get in touch with your Student Welfare Mentor team on their usual email address:email@example.com (and reference your hall in the subject line). Some of the Mentors will be going home for Christmas, so you might not have a reply from your usual Mentor but please be reassured that everything will remain confidential.
Remember that your Residences Team is on call 24/7, all year round, including the Christmas period. Furthermore, all receptions will be covered but may offer Christmas opening hours.
If you have any queries, please have a chat with your team at reception and they will be happy to assist you.