Important information for students arriving from within the travel corridors
If you are travelling from within the UK or a country which is on a "travel corridor" for the UK Government, then you do not need to self-isolate for 14 days.
- Rent will be taken from your account on Saturday 3 October, your official tenancy start date.
- You will be able to arrive at your halls between Saturday 3 October and Monday 19 October. If want to arrive later than Monday 19 October, please let your halls team know so that they are aware that you will be arriving late.
- Please note we have had to stagger the arrival slots for all students to ensure that we are able to follow social distancing rules. You must book your slot as soon as possible to choose your preferred date and time.
- Whilst we’re in the pandemic, we’ll be applying a ‘No Guest Policy’ to keeps residents safe – the reason why we’ve introduced this is because in halls of residence a flat is deemed a household and if students invite guests to their flat or household then this will impact on the household as a whole and make the household non-compliant with the restrictions imposed by the UK Government.
- When you arrive, some of your flatmates may still be in their final phases of self-isolation. They will be following lots of safety guidelines, but if you have any further questions about this, we'd be happy to help answer them. We'll also send you plenty of information and advice on how you can all connect and support each other when you first meet.
- We will continue to monitor this, make changes as necessary and update you if we change anything but at this time – this is the best way to keep our residents and staff safe & healthy 😊
- You will be sent details of some great deals we have put in place to make your stay in halls easier. UAL caterers Baxter Storey will be providing a food delivery service, with delivery to your room.
- We also have a deal with UniKitOut to provide kitchen items and bedding. All of these can be bought online and before you arrive so that everything is ready for you without you needing to even leave your room!
- Finally, we have an agreement with the fantastic Brompton Bikes where you can rent a folding bike to travel easily (and sustainably!) around London.
- If you are travelling from a ‘travel corridor’ you need to ensure that you review this guidance within September and October to ensure that you are still exempt from self-isolating on arrival.
- Please note; you can only arrive on or after Saturday 3 October if you are NOT required by the UK Government to self-isolate. If you need to self-isolate once arriving in the UK, you need to arrive BEFORE Saturday 26 September. Anyone who books for this period that does not meet the eligibility criteria will be denied entry to the building, and this may affect your visa.
- To book your arrivals time at halls please follow this link to our Eventbrite booking page.
- Read Next
- Black is reel film festival - Open call Black History Month with UAL Social Re-watch our welcome webinars Starting university: a wellbeing guide for students Blackground | UAL Social Black is Reel | UAL Social How to self-isolate after travelling How to self-isolate with Coronavirus symptoms Benefits when using UAL Halls food delivery service Black is Rhythm Dance Session | UAL Social
- How to accept your Accommodation 'offer' Our handy halls checklist Check in checklist Find out about our Airport Collection Service It's time to book your arrival slot for UAL Halls! Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls Order all your essential items for halls Let's talk about insurance... Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria