Host the the tastiest vegan bbq ever
We're officially in BBQ season - our favourite time of the year!
Just because you won't be stocking up on the beef burgers and pork sausages, doesn't mean the food won't taste amazing.
Here's everything you need to be the best vegan bbq host:
- BBQ tofuYou may feel Tofu isn't the BEST vegan food but after being on a barbeque, it tastes great! It'll take all your guests by surprise.
- BBQ jackfruit sandwichesWho needs pulled pork when you've got jackfruit? You won't be able to make the jackfruit on your barbie but these sandwiches will go down a treat.
- Sriracha veggie burgersA bit of spice will make your vegan bbq that little bit more exciting. Stock up on some vegan mayonnaise and sriracha - you can use them in lots of other tasty recipes.
- Grilled vegan chickenYes, vegan chicken is a thing (just ask the residents at Cordwainers!) and it's delicious. It takes less than 5 minutes too so, what's not to love?
- Vegan slawYour friends won't believe that you've whipped up this amazing dairy-free and egg-free slaw but it's ridiculously easy.
- Potato saladVegan potato salad is another great side dish so whip up a big batch and leave it on the table.
- Coconut water mojitosAll that food needs to be washed down with a refreshing drink and that's what makes these mocktails so perfect. Cheers!
It'll be so good that your friends won't even miss the meat!
- Read Next
- Spending lockdown in halls Benefits of having a job at uni 5 Reasons I became a UAL Halls Rep Find a job with Arts Temps Welcome to Furzedown Student Village & Cedars Hall Welcome to The Costume Store Welcome to Portland House Welcome to Brooke Hall Welcome to Highline Building Welcome to Sketch House
- How to accept your Accommodation 'offer' Legs, Bums and Tums with Bam Bam | UAL Social Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE 8 ways to hack the halls applications Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup Vegan stir-fry noodles with tofu and vegetables Finding support that works for you