Health and Safety
Healthcare for Will Wyatt Court
It is extremely important for you to register with a local doctor, (GP) as soon as you arrive. Do not wait until you are unwell as it may not be possible to be seen immediately if you are not registered. The nearest doctor’s surgery is at the address below, and sign-up forms are available at the reception:
- The Hoxton Surgery, 12 Rushton St, Hoxton, N1 5DR
- T: +44 (0)20 3487 0200
For minor ailments, always try a pharmacy before visiting the doctor. Describe your symptoms to the qualified pharmacist and he/she will either sell you the necessary medication or advise you to see a doctor. There are several pharmacies and chemists in the local area.
- Spring Pharmacy Ltd, 233 Hoxton Street, Hoxton, N1 5LG
- Judds Chemist, 73 Pitfield Street, City and Hackney, N1 6BT
All students are advised to have the Meningitis C vaccination. Ask the practice nurse at your surgery. For more details on Meningitis, GP registration and other health matters, please visit the health section of the Student Services website or pick up a Healthful Pack from the Students Services office at your college. For further info about NHS services visit the NHS web site at www.nhs.uk. You can find information about local dentist practices, etc. at this site.
You will also receive information about UAL Health which is a service that is connected to Holborn Medical Centre; you will receive information about this when you move in.
For more serious illness or in an emergency you can attend the Accident and Emergency at any hospital. This service is free of charge. The local hospital nearest to Will Wyatt Court is
We do not provide first aid products to residents. We recommend you bring your own first aid kit with you to halls.
Residents can register with a dentist upon their arrival at the hall. Please speak with a member of staff about where your local dentist is located or visit this website. In an emergency, residents should contact Homerton University Hospital (see above).
- Read Next
- What's it really like for mixed-race Brits? Relax with Julie and Alix every Wednesday Twerkshop with Bam Bam | UAL Social ArtsSU Companion Scheme 5 things I learnt working with the Social Programme Keeping you safe in halls Have your questions answered at our webinars UAL: Our community during lockdown Spending lockdown in halls Benefits of having a job at uni
- How to accept your Accommodation 'offer' Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE 8 ways to hack the halls applications Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup What's it really like for mixed-race Brits? Vegan stir-fry noodles with tofu and vegetables Finding support that works for you