Find a Halls-Buddy!
At the moment, the government's advice is to self-isolate if you think you have any of the Coronavirus symptoms. We understand that this could affect quite a few students in halls.
Have you thought about how would you get food, medicines, or other essential items if you had to self-isolate in your room?
We suggest having a conversation now with your friends and flat-mates about being “buddies” for each other. If you get sick and have to self-isolate, your buddy will:
- Bring any parcels to your room (leaving them outside your door)
- Collect any food deliveries from reception for you (leaving them outside your door)
- Keep in touch with your while you are self-isolated to make sure you're ok - maybe via phone, WhatsApp, or Messenger
Could you be a bug buddy to someone in need?
- Some residents might have difficulty identifying a buddy (maybe because their friends are also self-isolating).
- If you would be willing to be a buddy for someone in need, contact your Halls team. They will keep a list of emergency bug buddies and might call on you to help if needed.
More information about Coronavirus
We understand that this may be a worrying time for you. If you have any questions or concerns about living in halls, please contact your Halls team, who will be more than happy to help you. We also recommend taking a look at the links below:
- NHS - Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Mind - Coronavirus and your wellbeing
- WHO - Coping with stress during the 2019-nCoV outbreak
- Read Next
- Positive Psychology | UAL Social 8 FREE apps to help you during social distancing Discover online meditation with UAL's Chaplaincy Seven new indoor hobbies to try Shamanic Healing Practice with Julie | UAL Social My Top 10 Series to Watch On Netflix Book Club | UAL Social A message from Endsleigh Insurance | Coronavirus Top 10 films to watch on Netflix HiiT Workout | UAL Social
- Paid summer jobs for UAL students Legs, Bums and Tums with Bam Bam | UAL Social Thinking of returning to halls next year? Healthcare For The Costume Store Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Why I returned and lived in halls for 3 years Healthcare for The Glassyard Building Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE