"It's the most wonderful time of the year..."
* This article is brought to you by Ashna, Wellbeing Rep at The Costume Store*
London has the most beautiful sights to see at this time of year and most of the city has been lit up with decorations and lights.
Here are my favourite things to do in the city during the season AND most of them are FREE!
Below is a list of the best Christmassy things in London this year:
It’s free and it’s full of attractions and food markets! I would recommend going during the week as the weekend are very busy with tourists.
- Closest Tube Stations: Marble Arch, Hyde Park Corner.
This at the Southbank and entry is free. They have a huge indoor seating area for you to sit in and enjoy a free hot or cold cider. They also have food markets to indulge on Christmas favourites.
- Closest Tube Stations: Southbank, Embankment, Waterloo
3. Covent Garden
Covent Garden has a great atmosphere at this time of year. There is live music and entertainment with lovely decorations in each corner of the main square.
- Closest Tube Stations: Covent Garden, Tottenham Court Road, Holborn
Both of these are great for skating with a beautiful view.
- Closest Tube Stations for Somerset House: Covent Garden, Tottenham Court Road, Holborn
- Closest Tube Stations for Natural History Museum: Knightsbridge, South Kensington
Their Toy Display is beautiful as they have life size teddy’s and the most beautiful Christmas ornaments!
- Closest Tube Stations: Knightsbridge, South Kensington