The University’s Equal Opportunities Policy embodies its vision to integrate equality and diversity into all areas of the institution’s ethos, policy and practice. The rich diversity of our students, staff and alumni is core and vital to the University’s distinctive and global reputation for academia and enterprise in the arts. Our diversity informs our practice-led teaching and learning traditions, our innovation and our employment practices, producing inspired practitioners who are a dynamic, influential and leading force in the creative industries.
Furthermore, at UAL Halls, we value diversity in all our tenants. We strive to create a creative, inspiring, productive and harmonious environment that is both representative of and responsive to different cultures and groups. We know we have a responsibility to embrace diversity and oppose all forms of discrimination.
We believe that all tenants have the right to be free from harassment and bullying of any description, whether based on sex, trans-gender status, marital status, civil partnership status, pregnancy, race, disability, age, political or religious belief or sexuality.
We believe that we all have a right to be treated with respect and dignity (residents and staff). We are committed to ensuring that the services we provide do not discriminate against our students.
How is the equality and diversity policy put into practice?
- UAL continues to provide accessible facilities and services for disabled students (with no additional charge) and will make reasonable adjustments to students' rooms if necessary.
- UAL treats all students and staff with a non-judgemental attitude.
- While students may be offered the opportunity to book a room in a single-sex flat if available, students will not be allocated or withheld rooms on the basis of sex, trans-gender status, marital status, civil partnership status, pregnancy, race, disability, age, political or religious belief or sexuality.
- UAL does not tolerate discrimination, harassment, bullying or victimisation against employees, students or third parties at UAL sites.
- UAL will fully investigate complaints from employees, students or third parties at UAL sites who feel they have been unfairly discriminated against.
To find out more about equal opportunities at UAL, check out the full Equal Opportunities Policy here.