Chicken Biryani Pilau
- 6 large chicken thighs - skin on
- 1 large onion - finely sliced
- 2 tablespoon curry powder (hot)
- 350g easy cook long grain rice
- 700ml chicken stock
- 250g frozen peas
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Heat oven to 200c/fan 180c/gas 6. Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the chicken thighs, skin side down for 8 to 10 minutes until the skin is golden and crispy.
2. Tip in the onions and continue to cook for 5 minutes until the onions are softened. Sprinkle in the curry powder and cook for one minute more, then stir in the rice and pour over the stock. Bring the stock to the boil.
3. Cover the pan and bake for 30 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked. Stir in the peas and leave the rice to stand for a few moments before serving.
- Read Next
- Top tips on mentally preparing for university Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls Order all your essential items for halls It's time to book your arrival slot for UAL Halls! Important information for students arriving from within the travel corridors Important information for students arriving outside of the travel corridors What to know if you're self-isolating in UAL Halls Find accommodation with the ULHS Property Platform Reggaeton Class with Bam Bam | UAL Social Saturday Fitness Sessions with Bam Bam
- How to accept your Accommodation 'offer' Legs, Bums and Tums with Bam Bam | UAL Social Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup What's it really like for mixed-race Brits? Vegan stir-fry noodles with tofu and vegetables Finding support that works for you