Awkward things that happen trying to make friends
Coming to university means you're going to meet a whole range of new people and some of these will become your best mates!
Making new friends might be a daunting thought but don't worry, you'll make some amazing memories and eventually laugh at that awkward first meeting...
- Awkwardly hovering over a conversation, never quite inputting anything interesting
- Your timing in conversations is way off because you over-think what you should and should not say
- When you’re alone with a new friend and you can’t think of one single conversation topic
- When something funny happens between you and your new friend and yet they forget all about it (and you awkwardly have to remind them)
- Getting their name wrong
So, whether it's awkward to begin or it's like you've known each other for years, you can guarantee you'll make brand new friendships that will last a lifetime!
- Read Next
- Positive Psychology | UAL Social 8 FREE apps to help you during social distancing Discover online meditation with UAL's Chaplaincy Seven new indoor hobbies to try Shamanic Healing Practice with Julie | UAL Social My Top 10 Series to Watch On Netflix Book Club | UAL Social A message from Endsleigh Insurance | Coronavirus Top 10 films to watch on Netflix HiiT Workout | UAL Social
- Paid summer jobs for UAL students Legs, Bums and Tums with Bam Bam | UAL Social Thinking of returning to halls next year? Healthcare For The Costume Store Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Why I returned and lived in halls for 3 years Healthcare for The Glassyard Building Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE