Awkward things that happen trying to make friends
Coming to university means you're going to meet a whole range of new people and some of these will become your best mates!
Making new friends might be a daunting thought but don't worry, you'll make some amazing memories and eventually laugh at that awkward first meeting...
- Awkwardly hovering over a conversation, never quite inputting anything interesting
- Your timing in conversations is way off because you over-think what you should and should not say
- When you’re alone with a new friend and you can’t think of one single conversation topic
- When something funny happens between you and your new friend and yet they forget all about it (and you awkwardly have to remind them)
- Getting their name wrong
So, whether it's awkward to begin or it's like you've known each other for years, you can guarantee you'll make brand new friendships that will last a lifetime!
- Read Next
- What's it really like for mixed-race Brits? Relax with Julie and Alix every Wednesday Twerkshop with Bam Bam | UAL Social ArtsSU Companion Scheme 5 things I learnt working with the Social Programme Keeping you safe in halls Have your questions answered at our webinars UAL: Our community during lockdown Spending lockdown in halls Benefits of having a job at uni
- How to accept your Accommodation 'offer' Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE 8 ways to hack the halls applications Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup What's it really like for mixed-race Brits? Vegan stir-fry noodles with tofu and vegetables Finding support that works for you