Apply for the ultimate student job
Want a job that's literally on your doorstep?
Are you enthusiastic, hard-working and looking for paid work this Autumn? If so, we have the perfect job for you.
Halls Reps are students who live and work in halls as part of the UAL Social Programme. They play an important part in running events, wellbeing activities and make sure all students are looked after at every stage of their journey halls.
In 2019, Halls Reps ran over 1,800 activities, including yoga sessions, afternoon teas, excursions to Bath, Oxford, Cambridge, plus monthly theatre trips and termly food festivals.
It’s a great way for you to make friends yourself, and gain really important life skills that will look amazing on your CV.
Interested? Apply here
As a Halls Rep, your responsibilities will include:
- Running weekly activities in your hall of residence, encouraging a social environment for fellow UAL students.
- Attending monthly meetings, keeping a strong line of communication with management as well as your site team.
- Holding a strong relationship with the UAL Student Services and signpost students who may need extra support.
- Supporting a range of events and activities outside your hall of residence.
What kind of qualities are we looking for:
- Friendly and approachable people who can create an enjoyable atmosphere in halls.
- Great communication skills: do you think you can listen thoughtfully to students and refer them to the correct student services for advice?
- Hardworking individuals with a positive attitude.
- You may be required to pass on students’ sensitive information, so it’s important that you’re trustworthy and professional at all times.
- Interest in events and experience in peer support is preferred, but not essential.
Don't believe us, hear from our reps:
Kirsty explains the benefits of having a job whilst at uni here.
Jade tells us her top 5 reasons why she became a rep here.
Zahraa tells us what she's learnt from her time at the Social Programme here.
Apply now to be a part of our award-winning team and have the opportunity to create an amazing student experience at UAL - for yourself and your peers!
For any queries about applying contact ArtsTemps:
Check out the video below to hear what alumni reps have to say about the job:
- Read Next
- What's it really like for mixed-race Brits? Relax with Julie and Alix every Wednesday Twerkshop with Bam Bam | UAL Social ArtsSU Companion Scheme 5 things I learnt working with the Social Programme Keeping you safe in halls Have your questions answered at our webinars UAL: Our community during lockdown Spending lockdown in halls Benefits of having a job at uni
- How to accept your Accommodation 'offer' Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE 8 ways to hack the halls applications Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup What's it really like for mixed-race Brits? Vegan stir-fry noodles with tofu and vegetables Finding support that works for you