Baby it’s cold outside…
We’re now in the full swing of winter and days are only getting shorter and darker. But that does not mean you have to stay at home; there are plenty of ways to enjoy London in the cold weather. We’ve rounded up a few of our favourites:
- Go on the hunt for an amazing hot chocolate in the city: Explore the city while satisfying your chocolate cravings by frequenting some of the best cafés in London. Check out this Time Out article for some inspiration.
- Explore some of those free museums: You may have already wandered around them all in first term but imagine a cold winter’s day inside a warm museum. Perhaps take your favourite book to pass the time to really puts you in a festive mood?
- Check out your local cinema and catch a Christmas movie: Or, if you’ve already checked out your local why not pay a special visit to some of London’s unique Art House Cinema’s?
- Like Comfort Food?: You’re in the capital of comfort food! Whatever your favourite cuisine treat yourself to a delicious and comfortingly warm supper.
- London is full of parks of all shapes and sizes: Winter is a great time to explore them! Make sure you wrap up warm.
- Soak up the Christmas vibes in some of London’s world famous department stores: Liberty’s picturesque department store is the perfect traditional backdrop, or alternatively head to Fortnum and Mason for their grand setting in Piccadilly.
- Make your own Christmas decorations at home! There are plenty of ideas to have a go at! Check out some of them here.
- We all love eating a bit more over Christmas: Why not have a go at making some seasonal food? You can try something new or you can show some of your mates food you make at home over Christmas? Here’s some ideas to get started.
Christmas in London is fantastic… make the most of it.
Seasons Greetings everyone!