5 alternative pizza toppings
We know you all love Pizza, we have seen at our Social Programme events how quickly the free stuff goes!
So in honour of the doughy goodness, here are some alternative toppings to try...that you will love!
First things first: How to make the base
- 2 1/2 cups (350g) plain flour
- 2 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3/4-1 cup (170-225ml) water
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl, then add oil and 3/4 cup water - then stir until it forms a dough.
- If dough is stiff, add more water. It should be soft, but not sticky.
- Lightly dust the surface with flour and roll out the dough to your desired thickness and shape.
- Now it's time to add toppings...
Perfect to tempt yourself out of bed - The Fry Up Pizza
- Toppings: Eggs, Smoked Bacon, Mozzarella, Cherry Tomatoes, pre-cooked Pork Sausages (optional)
Bake at 200C for 15-25 minutes - or until dough looks golden
Pizza? Or burger? Or both? The Cheeseburger Pizza!
- Toppings/Fillings: Mozzarella, Passata Sauce, Mince Meat, Cheddar Cheese, Red Onion (thinly sliced)
Method: Top 2 thinly sliced bases with mozzarella then oven cook (200C) until cheese has melted (5-6mins). Spread sauce over the mozzarella. Sprinkle mince meat, grated cheddar and red onion over one base, then top with other base.
Oven cook for a further 20mins.
Bring a touch of Spain to your pizza - The Tapas Pizza
- Toppings: Passata Sauce, Chorizo (thinly sliced), Mozzarella, Roasted Red Peppers, Red Onion (thinly sliced)
Oven for 15-20 minutes until the base is golden and the cheese has melted.
An Indian and Italian fusion - The Chicken Tikka Pizza
- This one takes a little bit longer to make, but if you're feeling creative and have some time on your hands, here's how to make it.
How about a dessert pizza?
It'll be totally worth the sugar coma...trade floury dough for cookie dough for a super sweet base, then bake for 8-10 mins.
- Toppings: Nutella, mini-marshmallows, crushed digestives, chocolate chips.
Oven for further 5-8 mins - until chocolate and marshmallows have begun to melt.
- Read Next
- Spending lockdown in halls Benefits of having a job at uni 5 Reasons I became a UAL Halls Rep Find a job with Arts Temps Welcome to Furzedown Student Village & Cedars Hall Welcome to The Costume Store Welcome to Portland House Welcome to Brooke Hall Welcome to Highline Building Welcome to Sketch House
- How to accept your Accommodation 'offer' Legs, Bums and Tums with Bam Bam | UAL Social Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE 8 ways to hack the halls applications Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup Vegan stir-fry noodles with tofu and vegetables Finding support that works for you